40 New Foods Announced For Minnesota State Fair 2015
The Minnesota State Fair has announced 40 new foods for this years Great Minnesota Get Together, and here is a list of some of my favorites.
Yes this is quite a bit of food but I think If I would pace myself I could at least eat a bite of all of these in one day. That's why everything is always so spread out at The Fair, so you have to walk it off. My old standby of course though is the cheesecurds, yummmy. They are worth the trip all by themselves!
- Buffalo’d Bones– Slow-smoked center cut St. Louis-style spare ribs, fried, tossed in buffalo sauce and served with blue cheese dressing and celery.
- Cowboy Bites– Sweet corn kernels, bacon, jalapeños and cream cheese blended into bite-size balls, breaded and fried, and served with ranch dipping sauce.
- Grandma Deb’s Snicker Bar Salad– Chopped Snickers® bars and Granny Smith apples tossed in vanilla pudding with whipped cream and drizzled with caramel sauce.
- Italian Dessert Nachos– Cinnamon sugar cannoli chips smothered with sweet ricotta cheese filling, fruit, chocolate, nuts and candy toppings.
- Mac & Cheese Cupcake– Mac & cheese nestled in a breadcrumb crust, then sprinkled with breadcrumbs and frosted with a dollop of Cheez Whiz.
- Steak Apizzaiola– Cuts of Italian steak sautéed in au jus and served on a seasoned kaiser bun with caramelized onions, melted cheese and marinara sauce.
- Chunks O’ Fruti Frozen Strawberry Bar– All-natural frozen treat with chunks of real strawberries on-a-stick –dairy and gluten-free