‘American Idol’ Top 7 to Pay Tribute to Prince on Sunday
'American Idol' is down to the Top 7 and this week the contestants will pay tribute to Prince.
On Sunday, May 6th the top 7 will sing a variety of songs written by Prince, here is what the individual contestants will sing according to Billboard:
- Cade Foehner: “Jungle Love” (sung by The Time, written and produced by Prince)
- Caleb Lee Hutchinson: “When Doves Cry”
- Catie Turner: “Manic Monday” (The Bangles song, written by Prince)
- Gabby Barrett: “How Come U Don’t Call Me Anymore”
- Jurnee: “Kiss”
- Maddie Poppe: “Nothing Compares 2 U”
- Michael J. Woodard: “I Would Die 4 U
The show has never done a Prince tribute before, but the singer did make an appearance on the show to promote his '3121' album, which was released in 2006.