City of Superior Having a Largest Tree Contest
The City of Superior is hosting a Largest Tree Contest to celebrate Arbor Day.
The contest officially starts today and will end on Arbor Day which is on Aprill 22nd. All submissions will be verified by the Parks, Recreation & Forestry staff. Final tree measurements and locations will be published so that everyone can check out the largest trees in Superior.
The rules regarding the contest are as follows:
- The tree must be on City property (on a boulevard or in a park).
- The submission form must be filled out completely with accurate measurements and a photo of the tree must be included.
- Submissions will be accepted on a first come/first served basis, i.e. if more than one individual submits the same tree, the first person to submit the form first has rights to that submission.
- The contest is open to City of Superior residents only.
- Submissions must be received by April 22, 2018.
The winner will be recognized and will receive a small prize at the Superior Arbor Day Celebration which will be announced for sometime in May.
Click here to print off instructions on how to measure the tree and a form to submit your entry into the contest.
Email your completed form, along with a photo of the tree to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop your form and photo off at the Government Center, Parks, Recreation and Forestry Office, 1316 North 14th Street, Room 200.