Downtown Duluth Sidewalk Days 2013 Schedule and Street Closures
Downtown Duluth Sidewalk Days Festival starts tomorrow! The streets downtown will be lined with great shopping and fun foods. You can also check out some of the other festivities scheduled.
- Classic Car Show & Harley Revue, July 10th 5PM – 8PM
- Over The Edge, July 11th at the Sellwood Building Starting at 9AM
- First Street Dances, July 12th–Ace’s On First & Roscoe’s Pioneer Bar at 8PM
- Superior Street Dance, July 13th–Dubh Linn Pub at 6PM
Find out more about Downtown Duluth Sidewalk Days HERE.
The Duluth Police Department has also issued a notice of street closures for the event.
Superior Street from Lake Avenue to 4th Avenue West will be closed to all vehicle traffic Wednesday July 10th thru Friday July 12th from 8:00am – 6:0pm each day. NO PARKING regulations begin at 07:00am. Vehicles will be tagged and are subject to tow. The Avenues will be open at these times, with the following exceptions:
- On Wednesday, July 10th, from 3:30pm-9:00pm the Superior Street closure and NO PARKING regulations will expand– from 5th Avenue West to 3rd Avenue East to facilitate the Classic Car Show and Harley Revue. During this time, all avenues will be closed to traffic EXCEPT 3rd Avenue East, Lake Avenue, and 5th Avenue West. Superior Street should be open to traffic by 9:00pm.
- On Friday, July 12th, from 6:30pm-12midnight, Roscoe’s Pioneer and Ace’s bars will host street dances in the 100 and 300 blocks of West 1st Street. 1st Street between 1st Avenue West – 2nd Avenue West, and 3rd Avenue West – 4th Avenue West will be barricaded and closed to any traffic and will be posted “No Parking After 5PM ”. Vehicles will be tagged and are subject to tow.
- On Saturday, July 13th from 5:00pm-12midnight, Dubh Linn’s Irish Pub will host a street dance in the 100 block of West Superior Street. Superior Street between 1st Avenue West – 2nd Avenue West will be barricaded to any traffic and posted “No Parking After 4PM”. Vehicles will be tagged and are subject to tow.
DTA buses and the Port Town Trolley will use East bound Michigan Street to 3rd Avenue East, and West bound First Street during the Wednesday – Friday Sidewalk Days street closures. Watch for posted NO PARKING signs for temporary bus stops.
The Downtown Transit Center and Holiday Center Bus Stop will not be serviced by buses during Sidewalk Days street closures. DTA customers are advised to transfer at the Library or Radisson bus stops for connections to other buses.
Please be alert to pedestrian traffic, barricaded roadways, posted “no parking areas”, and Police Officers directing traffic during these events.
Check out the 2011 Downtown Duluth Sidewalk Days Festival Flashmob!
Subscribe to MIX 108 on