Duluth Nonprofits Hope to Benefit from Minnesota’s ‘Give to The Max Day’
Tomorrow is ‘Give to The Max Day’ in Minnesota, a day when donations to your favorite nonprofit or school get doubled with matching grants throughout the 24 hours.
Over 4,000 organizations in Minnesota are hoping to score some dollars tomorrow, as it can be a very profitable day for them, last year’s ‘Give to the Max Day’ in Minnesota raised over $15 million for charities in the state, a state and national record.
There are hundreds of organizations in the Duluth area looking for help tomorrow, here are a few of my favorites and a link to find your favorite Duluth nonprofit, so you can give to the max tomorrow!
- Twin Ports Region Long-Term Flood Relief Fund - The Twin Ports Region Flood Relief Fund has been established to help alleviate the financial strain this disaster has put those affected.
- Imagination Library –Duluth area - Imagination Library provides a new, age-appropriate, hardcover book each month to every child in Greater Duluth from birth to age five – at no cost to the family!
- Animal Allies - Animal Allies Humane Society strives to ensure a lifetime of loving care for every pet by reducing overpopulation, increasing adoption, and fostering humane values.
- The Encounter Youth Center - Building positive & encouraging relationships with young people in order to help them as they move forward in their lives and development.
- United Way of Greater Duluth – Helping your neighbor shovel their sidewalk, sharing garden produce, offering a place ahead of yourself in line: these are all good examples of Minnesota Nice.
- Music Resource Center – The Music Resource Center – Duluth is a state-of-the-art, after school music education & performance facility unlike anything in Minnesota!