Duluth Restaurant is Part of Target Field’s New Food Lineup for 2012 Season
The Minnesota Twins season opener is next Monday at Target Field against the Angels, and along with a few new players on the field for the Twins, there have been some additions off the field that will have fan’s mouths watering.
The Twins do a great job of finding delicious and unique food items from around the region to offer at Target Field and one of the many things added to the lineup this year is from a local Duluth restaurant.
The ‘Valentini’s Mega Meatball’ – a cheese-stuffed meatball served with marinara sauce and parmesan cheese, from Duluth’s Valentini’s Restaurant will be served at Target Field along with a few other tasty options:
- A top-selling item at the State Fair, deep fried pickle chips from The Preferred Pickle will be served with ranch dressing on the side.
- The Twins have added a baked potato bar featuring four delicious varieties of jumbo potatoes. One variation will feature nacho cheese, salsa and sour cream. The second variety will be a cheddar and broccoli baked potato. There will also be a classic baked potato with bacon, sour cream and chives. The bar will also feature a jumbo yam topped with maple butter and crushed pecans.
- A staple of some west coast ballparks, garlic fries will make their debut at Target Field. These tasty skin-on fries, seasoned with a garlic and parmesan marinade, are sure to be a fan favorite.
- New from The Food Network brand are the Bacon Sloppy Joe and Buffalo Chicken Mac and Cheese. The Bacon Sloppy Joe includes ground beef and slab bacon chunks. It’s slow-cooked with tomatoes and served with rolls, shredded pepper jack cheese and fried onions. Buffalo Chicken Mac and Cheese is tossed with spicy buffalo chicken, topped with blue cheese breadcrumbs and baked until crispy.
- SuperMom’s Mini Donuts, found throughout SuperAmerica convenience stores, will be baked fresh. SuperMom’s Mini Donuts offers three varieties – powdered sugar, cinnamon, and cinnamon and sugar.
- Leeann Chin is serving up Minnesota’s favorite stir fry. Guests can enjoy their choice of a chicken stir fry in a red chile sauce or vegetarian stir fry in a teriyaki sauce.
- Guests with a sweet tooth can enjoy Pearson’s Salted Nut Roll from Pearson’s Candy. The creamy nougat center is surrounded by golden caramel and covered with fresh salted Virginia peanuts to create a unique salty yet sweet flavor combination. It’s truly a one of a kind non-chocolate candy bar.
- The Twins have also formed a new partnership with B. Smith Olive Oil, a locally-produced, minority-owned business. The olive oil will be used for cooking throughout the premium seating areas at Target Field.