Duluth’s AMSOIL Arena Named Top Stadium Experience of 2013
The UMD Bulldog Men’s and Women’s hockey teams are on the national radar, with 6 total National Championships between the two teams. Now their home, AMSOIL Arena, is on the national map as the best stadium experience in the country of 2013.
Stadium Journey Magazine’s list of the top 100 stadium experiences of 2013 lists Duluth’s own AMSOIL Arena at the very top of the list that includes professional and collegiate venues around the country. The magazine rated 1,700 stadiums and arenas around the country, and the experience and atmosphere at AMSOIL won out, earning 5-star ratings in categories like food & beverage selection and availability, atmosphere, location/neighborhood, access, and return on investment (fan experience to ticket price ratio).
The only place AMSOIL didn’t earn a perfect rating was in the fan category, which references UMD’s student section “pushing the boundaries” with customized chants for visiting opponents. UMD’s home ice still earned a 4 out of 5 ranking in the fans category, however. You can see the full review and breakdown of each category here.
AMSOIL isn’t the only Minnesota venue making the top 100 list. The Xcel Energy Center earned a position at 7 overall, Mariucci Arena appears at 15, and Target Field shows up at 61 overall.
Top 10 Stadium Experiences of 2013
- Amsoil Arena: Home of the UMD Bulldogs – Duluth, MN
- Daytona International Speedway: Home of the Daytona 500 – Daytona Beach, FL
- Compton Family Ice Arena: Home of the Notre Dame Fighting Irish – South Bend, IN
- Lucas Oil Stadium: Home of the Indianapolis Colts – Indianapolis, IN
- Fenway Park: Home of the Boston Red Sox – Boston, MA
- Heinz Field: Home of the Pittsburgh Steelers – Pittsburgh, PA
- Xcel Energy Center: Home of the Minnesota Wild – St. Paul, MN
- Notre Dame Stadium: Home of the Notre Dame Fighting Irish – South Bend, IN
- AT&T Center: Home of the San Antonio Spurs – San Antonio, TX
- Oriole Park at Camden Yards: Home of the Baltimore Orioles – Baltimore, MD
See the full list here.
AMSOIL Arena opened in December of 2010, and has been home to the UMD Bulldogs Men’s and Women’s hockey programs as well as high school hockey tournaments and several concerts and events.