How to Protect Your Smartphone in these Frigid Temperatures
According to TIME iPhones are made to operate at temperatures 32 degrees and above. I would be hard pressed to remember the last time it was 32 in the Twin Ports, how is my phone even still working? Some of the side effects of cold weather on your phone short battery life, shutting themselves off, display problems or even screens that shatter. Here are some helpful tips to keep your phone working properly all winter:
- Keep Your Phone in Your Pocket- Your body heat will help keep your phone from freezing. Just remember if you are one of those people that puts your phone in your back pocket take it out before you sit down.
- Don't leave your phone in your car-unless you leave it running with the heat on blast!
- Use a Special Case- Some of the brands are- Climate Case, Burton Antifreeze and Salt Cases.
- Wait to Charge Your Phone- Plugging a cold phone in could cause some major damage.
- Turn Your Phone Off- This will help set a higher degree of temperature tolerance on the high and low end.