Superior Public Library to Be Closed Most of May
The Superior Public Library is entering the final phase of their remodel and they'll need to close for a bit to get some projects done.
The library announced that they will be closed from April 30th through May 28th. During this time no materials will be due and there will be no fines. The outdoor book return will still be available during the closure.
Also, patrons that have an item on hold will be able to do pickups on Mondays and Thursdays from 4 pm to 6 pm.
During the closure, crews will be working on asbestos abatement, carpet installation, demolition of the old Circulation Desk, and installation of new lowered shelving.
This is all part of a 6-month, $2.1 million project that started back in November.
Here is a list of improvements coming to the library:
- A more open floor plan with lower shelving and access to natural light
- A variety of seating styles and reading areas
- Additional meeting and study rooms
- Expanded youth areas for toddler/preschool, school-age, and teens
- Improved security and sightlines throughout the building
- New computer lab
- New local history research area
- New centrally located entrance
- Upgraded mechanical equipment
- Updated carpeting and furniture