Ten Little Known Facts About Minnesota
Ah yes, the majestic land of 10,000 lakes, even though their are actually more than that. I have lived here so long that I have slowly developed the long drawn out Oh sound when I talk, but I love It!
I came across a list of little know facts about Minnesota and picked my ten favorites. How many did you know already?
- Minnesota has one recreational boat per every six people.
- Minnesota started the "Bus Industry" with Greyhound.
- Minnesota manufactured the first Armored Cars.
- Minnesota has more shoreline than California, Hawaii and Florida combined.
- Southdale, in Edina was the first climate controlled indoor mall in the United States.
- The Minneapolis Skyway System is the longest in the world
- The American version of a puffed rice cake was invented by a man in Minnesota.
- Minneapolis is the nations third most literate city.
- Minneapolis has the most golfers per capita of any U.S. City
- On February 9th 1895 the first Intercollegiate Basketball game was held in Minnesota.