The Most Popular Halloween Candy By State
Candystore.com took the time to figure out the candy preference for each state for Halloween. Using ten years worth of data they came up with the top 3 most popular candy per state and some of the choices might surprise you.
I always find it so tempting to eat the candy leading up to Halloween so I have started waiting until the last minute to get some so I have not eaten it all already. Many of my friends have said that does not seem smart since you sometimes pay a higher price for it closer to the Holiday. But my point is, if I don't do that I may have to replace all the candy I set aside in the first place. The National Research Federation claims that people will spend around $2.7 billion dollars on Halloween candy this year. Below is a breakdown of the Midwest states preferences-
- Minnesota: #1 Tootsie Pops #2 Skittles #3 Almond Joy
- Wisconsin: #1 Starburst #2 Butterfingers #3 Jolly Ranchers
- Iowa: #1 Reese's Peanut Butter Cups #2 M&M's #3 Butterfinger
- North Dakota: #1 Hot Tamales #2 Jolly Ranchers #3 Candy Corn
- South Dakota: #1 Starburst #2 Jolly Ranchers #3 Candy Corn
I feel it is kind of hard to believe that people in Minnesota actually hand out Almond Joy for Trick Or Treating that seems like a candy bar with an aquired taste, but on the other hand North and South Dakota residents obviously think pretty much alike.