Jeanne Ryan’s Top 5 New Foods At The Minnesota State Fair
It really baffles my mind how anybody could come up with any new choices of food to serve at the Minnesota State Fair, but apparently there will be a whopping 31 different ones to try out this year.
When I lived in the Twin Cities we would go the State Fair every year with one goal in mind and that was food. I usually would take in a show or too, but since I am not into rides we would hit all the favorite food spots.
If I was going to the state fair, these are my top 5 foods I would try out:
- Bacon Up Pup- This makes my mouth water.. A Belgian Waffle made with bacon batter, dipped in chocolate, drizzled with maple syrup topped with whipped cream and it is on a stick! *Granny's Kitchen Fudge Puppies*
- Cheesy Nacho Corn on the Cob- This sounds so gross, but so good at the same time. It is made up of Roasted Corn on the Cob, smothered in crushed Dorito chips and Nacho cheese. *Texas Steak Out*
- Double Dose of Pork Belly- Get your pork on with this one. Ground Pork Belly burger topped with crisp, smoked pork belly . pepper jack cheese, coleslaw,and pickled onions served on a toasted bun. *RC's BBQ*
- Fall Guy Breakfast Panini-Oh yeah, make it two. Capicola and scrambled eggs, topped with white cheddar cheese on ciabatta bread. *The Hideaway Speakeasy*
- Honey Puffs- Really how could anyone resist this one? Deep fried dough balls. tossed in sweet syrup and sprinkled with cinnamon sugar. *Dino's Gyros*
For the complete list and locations, check them out by CLICKING HERE.
The Minnesota State Fair Runs August 24th through September 4th -Labor Day.