United Way Day of Caring Holiday Edition is Happening Tomorrow all Over the Northland
Wednesday December 7th is a big day for the Head of the Lakes United Way as they kick off a huge event called " Day of Caring Holiday Edition" with different activities being held all day in different areas of the Twin Ports.
Nine different events will be going on simultaneously with hundreds of volunteers making things happen for adults and kids in our community. Many of these events are still looking for Volunteers!
- Neighborhood Youth Services Tie Blanket Extravaganza: at Washington Recreation Center in East Hillside from 3:30-7:00p Come help tie blankets to be handed out kids at the Center's Christmas party.
- Holiday Cheer for the Homeless: Harbor House-2 locations; 19 N 21st Street E (4 houses down from the Superior YMCA) or 5822 Ogden (Tower Ave left on 58th, then right on Ogden Ave Next to Noah's Ark Daycare). Volunteers will be on hand for conversation,decorating the shelter, kids activities, baking and more. the event is 9am-7pm
- Holiday Mail for Heros: Held at the American Red Cross 2524 Maple Grove Road in Duluth this event is from 9am-2pm. Volunteers will help bundle and sort Holiday Cards to be distributed to members of the military.
- Holiday Decorator: Chris Jenson Health and Rehabilitation Center from 10am-4pm. Help spread some Holiday cheer for the residents of this facility with your flair for decorating.
- Day of Caring with YWCA Girl Power- 3 locations Laura MacArthur 9:45-11:00am, Lester Park Elementary 3:30-5:00p, Northstar Academy 4:30-6:00p Tons of activities to help empower girls!
- Clothing Volunteers-Damiano Center from 9am-3pm to help sort clothes.
- Ring It and Bring It-Bell Ringing for the Salvation Army. 18 different locations from 10:00am -8:00pm
- Donation Drive: Lincoln Park Children and Families Collaborative times are open to drop off items. Many families need gifts for kids age 3-12 or supplies like diapers, wipes, band-aids, paper towels, books, kitchen supplies and more.
- Crafts and Cocoa with kids: Myers-Wilkins Elementary School from 3:15-4:45. Volunteers are needed to help kids work on craft projects.