If you’re a college student looking for hands-on experience in the multimedia-focused world of modern radio, we’re always offering exciting internships in on-air programming and digital/social media! Work with real radio professionals on real projects that encompass the exciting world of modern radio, all while building your resume and gaining valuable experience that goes beyond the classroom.
Modern radio is so much more than just playing music and talking on the air. We engage with our listeners not only over the airwaves, but also via our websites, social media, YouTube channels, station mobile apps, email newsletters and much more!
Our on-air programming and digital/social media interns will have the opportunity to gain hands-on experience in every element of our multimedia presence for our station brands. Some of what our internship opportunity entails includes:
- Work with on-air show hosts on developing and executing show elements and helping with booking interviews and guests
- Sit in with on-air hosts during live shows and get hands-on experience with pre-produced shows
- Conceptualize ways to fully integrate content between our on-air broadcast and our online presence
- Play a role in the management of our station social media pages (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
- Help in the content strategy and planning process for website content (blogs)
- Write and publish content for station websites
- Help in the collection and production of photo and video elements for our websites and social media and YouTube channels
- Gain insight into social media and website analytics
Skills and competencies interns are expected to have:
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic with the ability to be a self-starter and work independently
- Understanding of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
- A basic understanding of blogging and/or WordPress (or similar CMS)
- Excellent written and verbal communication, strong editing skills
- Ability to consistently come up with fresh, trendy, on-air and digitally-focused ideas
This internship is an unpaid position, and candidates must be receiving college credit for this internship. While schedules are flexible and can be designed to accommodate other class and work schedules, we do ask for a minimum of a 4 hour per week time commitment. Internship opportunities are available year-round, so feel free to contact us or apply at any time of year.
If you’re interested in getting hands-on, real-world experience with us, fill out our application form. If you have any additional questions, contact Nick Cooper at email@example.com or (218) 279-0011.
Townsquare Media Group is a diversified media, entertainment and digital marketing services company that owns and operates radio, digital and live event properties. The Company specializes in creating and distributing original entertainment, music and lifestyle content. Its assets include 312 radio stations and over 325 local companion websites in 66 small to mid-sized markets, making it the third largest owner of radio stations, a national portfolio of music and entertainment digital properties reaching over 50 million US unique visitors monthly, including Taste of Country, Hype Machine, Just Jared, Brooklyn Vegan, Diffuser.fm, Ultimate Classic Rock, Loudwire, The FW, ScreenCrush and PopCrush, XXL, XXL Magazine, approximately 500 live music and non-music events annually, and Seize the Deal, an E-commerce business.
TOWNSQUARE MEDIA BROADCASTING, LLC MAINTAINS A DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE AND IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. APPLICANTS MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE U.S.