Superior Schools Reminding Everyone About Cancellation Policy
The Superior School District is reminding everyone what their winter weather guidelines for cancellation are.
No doubt that the cold and snow is here for good, so it's a good time for the district to refresh everyone on their policy. The district says their "top priority is the safety of our students, families, and staff, and when the weather conditions are hazardous."
In general, the district will use the following when deciding if it will cancel school:
- The wind chill factor and the safety of children who walk to school
- The condition of both city and county roads due to ice and snow
- The progress of plows and road treatment since the start of the storm.
If school is canceled for the day, the district says it will try to make the decision the night before, but no later than 5:30 AM. Families and staff will be notified with:
- SchoolMessenger phone calls, emails, and text messages
- The Superior School District website and social media (Facebook and Twitter)
- TV and Radio announcements. Updated listings can always be found at www.mix108.com/school-closings
If school is closed for the day, all school activities are also canceled unless families are notified otherwise.