Avril Lavigne Coming To Minnesota On Her First North American Tour In 5 Years
Heads up, Avril fans. After a hiatus, the 'Sk8er Boi' singer is hitting the road once again. Lavigne announced her "Head Above Water" tour on Monday via social media, mentioning that tickets go on sale later this week. The 15-date tour does include a stop in Minnesota, so you can get your Avril fix without having to travel too far!
Avril's tour kicks off on September 14 in Seattle, and continues through the fall with stops around the United States and one Canadian stop, wrapping up in Philadelphia on October 11. She'll be swinging into Minnesota on Tuesday, September 24 at the State Theatre in Minneapolis.
Tickets go on sale for the entire tour on Friday, June 28 at 10 am local time. One other note is that one dollar from each ticket sold will go to the Avril Lavigne Foundation, which is an organization that supports people with Lyme Disease and other serious illnesses and disabilities. Avril was personally impacted by Lyme Disease, which she says left her "in bed for f---ing two years". Since being inflicted with the tick-borne disease, she has returned to music and is now heading out on tour.
Here are all of the tour dates:
- September 14 - Seattle, WA
- September 15 - Portland OR
- September 17 - Oakland, CA
- September 18 - Los Angeles, CA
- September 21 - Denver, CO
- September 24 - Minneapolis, MN
- September 26 - Chicago, IL
- September 28 - Detroit, MI
- October 1 - New York, NY
- October 3 - Boston, MA
- October 5 - Wallingford, CT
- October 6 - Toronto, ON
- October 8 - Pittsburgh, PA
- October 9 - Washington DC
- October 11 - Philadelphia, PA