Capri Sun Recall Could Include Minnesota + Wisconsin Pouches, Drink May Contain Cleaning Solution
If you're a Northland family who enjoys drinking Capri Sun, specifically Wild Cherry flavored Capri Sun, you're going to want to check any pouches recently purchased right away.
Kraft Heinz announced a voluntary recall of approximately 5,760 cases of Capri Sun Wild Cherry Flavored Juice Drink Blend beverages.
The voluntary recall was announced after after diluted cleaning solution, which is used on food processing equipment, was inadvertently introduced into a production line at one of their factories. Only the Wild Cherry flavored Capri Sun products with the case/package information below are affected:
- Product Size: 6.6 FL OZ
- Name of Product: Capri Sun Wild Cherry Flavored Juice Drink Blend
- Packaging Description: Individual foil pouches packed in paperboard cartons. Note: Cases shipped to retailers include 4 cartons that are shrink-wrapped together. Product is sold by the carton at retail.
- Manufacturer Code on Pouch: 25JUN2023 WXX LYY ####. Note: #### would be between 0733-0900 for product affected by this issue. XX may be 01, 02, 03, 04, 09, or 10. YY may be 01 through 12.
- Manufacturer Code on Carton: 25JUN2023 WXX #### CT1404. Note: #### would be between 0733-1000 for product affected by this issue. XX may be 01, 02, or 03.
- Carton UPC: 0 8768400100 4
- Case UPC: 87684 00409 00
The “Best When Used By” date on the products is June 25, 2023.
Kraft Heinz says the issue was discovered after they received several consumer complaints about the taste of the affected product. They are now actively working with retail partners and distributors to remove potentially impacted product from circulation.
Consumers who purchased these items should not consume the product and they are urged to return it to the store where it was purchased. They can also contact Kraft Heinz from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Central Standard Time, Monday through Friday, at 1-800-280-8252 to see if a product is part of the recall and to receive reimbursement.
Kraft Heinz also reiterated their commitment to upholding "the highest safety and quality standards."
LOOK: 15 Discontinued McDonald's Menu Items
Gallery — Every Movie Theater Candy, Ranked: