AMC Shares Carol’s Cookie Recipe from The Walking Dead
If you saw Sunday night's episode (Ep. 513) of The Walking Dead, you undoubtedly got a little hungry for Carol's famous cookies. Thanks to AMC, the home of the popular zombie show, you can enjoy some of Carol's cookies without being threatened with an ultimatum.
The recipe will make a dozen cookies for you to experience a little of the world of The Walking Dead sans walkers and supply rations. Of course, you can always adjust the quantities so you can have lots of cookies for yourself or anyone you care to bribe. Enjoy!
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/4 large chocolate bar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1 cup flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Combine applesauce, shortening, brown sugar, and white sugar in a large bowl. Mix until shortening is blended.
- Add baking powder, baking soda, flour, salt, and vanilla. Mix until doughy, and flour is fully absorbed.
- Let dough stand for 3-5 minutes.
- Melt chocolate (use double-boiler method for best results).
- Add chocolate to dough and mix until fully blended.
- Place golf ball sized chunks of dough on a non-stick cookie sheet about two inches apart.
- Bake at 350 F for 11-13 minutes.
- Remove from oven and leave on cookie sheet to cool before serving.
Thanks to AMC for the recipe!
If you want to revisit Carol's creep cookie moment, you can check it out below. Obviously there's a potential spoiler here if you haven's seen the episode yet.