City of Superior Will Open Public Skating Rinks This Week
Get your skates sharpened, the City of Superior is set to open their skating rinks.
The city announced that Wade Bowl, Pattison, Carl Gullo and South End rinks and warming sheds will open on December 24th through the 27th from 11 AM - 9 PM. With Wade Bowl, Pattison, and South End rinks open on Christmas Day.
On Saturday, December 26th the City will begin to open additional rinks, and they say that they hope to have all the rinks and warming sheds open by the week of December 28th.
Beginning on Monday, December 28th, the rinks will start their regular hours of 4 PM -9 PM on weekdays, 1 PM - 9 PM on Saturdays and 1 PM - 8 PM on Sundays.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the City is issuing the following guidelines for the rinks and the warming sheds:
- Masks are required in order to enter the building.
- There is a limit as to how many people may be in the building at a time. Most rinks can hold up to 6-8 people at a time.
- Benches are marked off every 6-feet to comply with social distancing.
- Families may be inside together and take spaces between the 6-foot markings.
- There is a 10-minute time limit to sit inside the shed.
- No eating inside the building, because this requires removing your mask.
- Please bring your own water bottle.
- Rink attendants will sanitize all touched surfaces, a minimum of twice daily.
- Borrowed gear will be sanitized between each use.
- If you are playing hockey with a group, you are encouraged to wear a mask. If you are wearing a helmet, you may want to use a splashguard to help protect yourself and others.
- Try keeping contact to a minimum.
Here is the list of Superior ice rinks, locations, phone number and day that they are closed for flooding:
- Allouez (closed Wednesdays) 3631 E. 2nd St, 218-391-8694
- Billings Park (closed Tuesdays) 3903 N. 18th St, 218-391-6979
- Carl Gullo (closed Thursdays) 510 26th Ave. E, 218-269-2210
- Pattison (closed Thursdays) 1016 Faxon Ave, 218-390-2368
- Red Barn (closed Thursdays) 901 E. 6th St., 218-390-2365
- South End Petroske (closed Wednesdays) 5902 Weeks Ave, 218-390-2371
- Wade Bowl (closed Tuesdays) 1228 Clough Ave, 218-391-6978