Five Lazy Rivers That Are Great For Tubing in Minnesota
If you are feeling adventurous and ready for some lazy river fun any of these places sound like a blast on a hot summer day. According to Only in Your State here are 5 awesome spots for river tubing in Minnesota :
- Otter Tail River-Detroit Lakes-Fun for the whole family using either your own tubes or you can rent form a company called K &K Tubing. The ride takes about 2 hours and you can do a second ride for free. For more information Click Here.
- Rum River-Isanti- The Rum River is located in East Central Minnesota and runs about 150 miles North- South starting at Mille Lacs Lake. The 2 mile float takes about 2 hours, but if you want you can go camping in Isanti where they have tube rentals and shuttle services. For More Information Click Here
- Cannon River-Welch-Located in Southeastern Minnesota the river winds through Waterville to Red Wing covering 100 miles in it's path. The river does have some pots that can be fairly dangerous so a tubing outfitter may be your best plan. Welch Mill is the place to go as they offer short 45 minutes or long 2 hours. For more information Click Here.
- Root River-Lanesboro- A perfect river for tubing there are a few outfitters, including Root River Outfitters and Eagle Cliff Campground in Lanesboro. Pricing and drop-off points are a bit different for each one, but are reasonable and will give you a great day on the river. For more information Click Here.
- Zumbro River-Zumbro Falls- This river spans about 65 miles in southern minnesota with it's tree lines shore line. Zumbro Valley Canoe Rental is a few miles outside of Rochester and is also a tube outfitter that will make sure you have all that you need for your trip. Their 7-mile adventure takes about three hours, running from Zumbro Falls to Hammond. For more information Click here