2023 Lake Superior Ice Festival Brings A Full Schedule Of Fun To Superior
A fun winter tradition returns to Superior, promising once again to provide a weekend filled with activities for the entire family.
The Lake Superior Ice Festival's vision is "to attract people of all ages and abilities to share in Superior’s passion for all things winter and come together to celebrate the coolest aspects of our City."
The 2023 event is set for Friday, January 27, and Saturday, January 28. The two-day Lake Superior Ice Festival takes place at Barkers Island in Superior. Events are spread out all around the island on land and ice.
Activities throughout the weekend include:
- Midwest Ice-Racing Association (MIRA) racing will be racing on the ice close to the SS Meteor Whaleback. You'll see motorcycles, dirt bikes, and ATVs from beginner to pro class of all ages.
- A craft fair at the Barkers Island Inn
- KidZone with activities just for kids
- Ice sculptures
- Disc Golf
- Kubb games
- Ice Princesses/Characters
- Saturday night fireworks show that is timed to music. The fireworks are best viewed from the beach area.
Another highlight you'll likely want to check out is the Snōˌslīd, which organizers say is the largest constructed sledding hill that you'll experience in Superior. Open sledding will be available on January 27 from 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. and on January 28 from 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
All other activities begin on Friday from 3:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m., but the majority of events will be held on Saturday throughout the day from 11:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. They will have a hay bale shuttle available to transport attendees all around the island.
The full schedule of events is available online.
Lake Superior Ice Festival organizers pride themselves on being a family-friendly fun event coordinated by the community. Their mission is to attract people of all ages and abilities to share in Superior’s passion for all things winter and come together to celebrate the coolest aspects of the City.