Superior Public Library Love Your Local Artist Fundraiser Goes Virtual
The Superior Public Library has announced that their 11th annual "Love Your Local Artist Fundraiser" will be held virtually this year due to COVID-19. The fundraiser normally brings local artists from the region into the library, where people can browse the artwork and meet the artists who created it. It has been a great way to support local artists and buy art directly from them. Things will operate differently this year, but people can still find fun ways to supports artists.
Throughout the month of February they will be hosting the virtual celebration on the Superior Public Library's website. Local artists have donated a variety of hand-crafted items for the auction that you can bid online for. Those items include:
- a handcrafted wooden tree created and donated by John Thompson
- Handcrafted jewelry from Leah Biezuns
- A vintage chair from Superior's old Webster Chair Factory with a sacred Little Spirit Cedar Tree painted and donated by Kris Nelson
- Framed photograph of Foxboro's Empire Creek from photographer Christel Lewis
- more paintings, handmade cars, and other art items
You can view the items up for auction on the auction page starting on February 1. Bidding will open on February 8 and continue through the 12. You'll need to register an account on the Bidding Owl website before being able to place a bid.
You can learn more about the local artists that have participated and view a slideshow of previous Love Your Local Artist Celebrations on the website. All money raised during this virtual event goes to support library service and programs throughout the year.