Superior Public Library Reopens on Tuesday
The Superior Public Library is almost done with their big remodeling project and they will reopen on Tuesday, May 29th after being closed for the last month.
During the closure, crews worked on asbestos abatement, carpet installation, demolition of the old Circulation Desk, and installation of new lowered shelving.
This is all part of a 6-month, $2.1 million project that started back in November.
Please note that all of the work isn't completed yet and some areas of the library remain under construction including the new computer lab, work should wrap up in the next couple of weeks and these areas will reopen.
Here is a list of improvements coming to the library:
- A more open floor plan with lower shelving and access to natural light
- A variety of seating styles and reading areas
- Additional meeting and study rooms
- Expanded youth areas for toddler/preschool, school-age, and teens
- Improved security and sightlines throughout the building
- New computer lab
- New local history research area
- New centrally located entrance
- Upgraded mechanical equipment
- Updated carpeting and furniture