The Top Ten Best Ice Cream Shops In Minnesota and Two Are in Duluth
Best Things Minnesota had a very envious task to try and find the best Ice Cream Shops in the state and really no surprise 2 of them are right here in Duluth. The folks that did this survey had a great point in that people in Minnesota love their ice cream anytime of the year, and I agree with that!
Here is the list below:
- Sebastian Joe's in Minneapolis; I actually used to go there all the time when I lived in Minneapolis and it is delicious, no doubt, The flavors change all the time, but they recommend you always get Oreo no matter what.
- The PortLand Malt Shoppe in Duluth- Well of course this local seasonal delight is always a winner. My eyes actually roll back in my head when I have one of their malts, and my always go to flavor of ice cream is mint chocolate chip in a waffle cone.
- Grand Ole Creamery in St. Paul- Known to locals for a very long time this place now has parking head aches for everyone flocking to get inside.
- Sydney's Frozen Custard in Grand Marais- With beautiful views of Lake Superior on three sides, you can enjoy your frozen custard with some scenery.
- Flapdoodles Homemade Ice Cream in Rochester- The owner says it's a place where the only thing that makes sense is ice cream. I love that, and the their name. Filled with gourmet flavored ice cream they are so popular, now they have added a second location.
- Nelson's Ice Cream in Stillwater- A Stillwater institution making ice cream and making people happy since 1923. With more than 30 flavors to choose from, you are sure to find something you will like.
- Mom and Pop's Ice Cream in Mankato-Of course they are famou for their rotation of ice cream flavors, but also have cookies, hot chocolate and coffee.
- Sonny's Ice Cream in Minneapolis- A South Side Favorite in my old neighborhood located on 34th and Lyndale since 1950. Make sure to try the spumoni.
- Grandmas Boxcar in Duluth- I love the box car so much this was the first place I went when I visited Duluth years ago before I moved here and a friend of mine was running Grandmas Marathon. So great to grab a quick cone and walk around Canal Park or just sit and people watch.
- Izzy's Ice Cream in St. Paul- This shop has been open since 2000 and was even voted best Ice Cream Shop in America by Readers Digest. You can find Izzy's in some local grocery stores and they now have a Minneapolis location too.