Traffic Advisories For Grandmas Marathon This Weekend
With thousands of people descending upon the Twin Ports and all the construction going on, it is more important than ever to plan ahead if you are going into the downtown area or Canal Park at all this weekend.
Traffic Advisory for Friday June 15th William A. Irvin 5k: Traffic on Harbor Drive behind the DECC will be closed at 3pm then at 5:30pm traffic will be diverted off portions of Railroad street for the duration of the race. Any cars parked in No Parking Zones on the streets around the race will be tagged and towed, so please watch for No Parking signs, barricades and police officers directing traffic. Most traffic should return to normal by 7:30pm.
Traffic Advisory for Saturday June 16th: Scenic Highway 61 between McQuade Road and Ryan Road will be closed to traffic at 4am. The remainder of scenic Highway 61 from Duluth to Two Harbors will be closed by 4:15am.
- Harbor Drive from the DECC East Gate to the Aquarium will be restricted to busses only at 4:30am and Harbor Drive will be closed at 5:45 am. Avenues leading to London Road will be closed at 5am.
- London Road will be closed to traffic at 5:45am
- Superior Street, from 12th Avenue East to 3rd Avenue East, will be closed at 5:45 a.m.
- Michigan Street, from 4th Avenue East to 5th Avenue West, will be closed at 5:45 a.m.
- Commerce Street/Railroad Street, Lake Place Drive and Canal Park will be closed at 5:45 a.m.
- Northbound traffic on I-35 will be diverted up Mesaba Avenue to 2nd Street at 5:45 a.m.
For more information about Grandmas Marathon CLICK HERE