Duluth’s Washington Center Gym Now Reopen For Rental Use
Good news for Northland residents who have a passion for sports, the Duluth Parks and Recreation Department has reopened the Washington Center Gym for rental use.
This means that sports practices, games in scrimmages will once again be allowed.
“While we are excited to provide this outlet for the community to engage in sports, we must reiterate that engaging in group activities is not without risk,” said Parks Recreation Specialist Nick Budnik. “Parks and Recreation will continue to implement the current guidelines for sports activities from the Minnesota Department of Health.”
Even with health protocols in place, it's beneficial to have this option available once again for those who need it. There are requirements to keep in mind for anyone interested in renting the space:
- Sports practices are allowed until January 14, 2021. Practice size will be limited to 25 or fewer people. No spectators are permitted to attend.
- Games and scrimmages are allowed to resume on January 14th, pending future guidelines.
- Face coverings must be worn at all times (including during playing) by all participants.
- Social gatherings at the gym will not be allowed. Participants should arrive and depart no more than ten minutes from their start and end times.
- Pandemic operation plans must be submitted and approved by the Parks division before a rental begins. You can click here for more information.
- A pandemic plan administrator will be responsible for communicating with the Parks division and conducting health screenings on their participants, recording attendance, and ensuring guidelines are followed, including six-feet of social
distancing when not playing and wearing face coverings during the rental.
Anyone wanting more information, or wanting to make a reservation, is encouraged to contact Nick Budnik at firstname.lastname@example.org or 218-409-6166.
8 Things That Will Help You Run In Cold Weather