‘Far From Home’ Is the First Spider-Man Movie to Make $1 Billion
With the money it makes internationally today, Spider-Man: Far From Home will become the first movie in the history of the franchise to gross $1 billion worldwide. (Yes, that also makes it the biggest Spider-Man movie in history.
Here’s every Spider-Man movie’s worldwide box office, via Box Office Mojo:
- Spider-Man: Far From Home - $1.005 billion
- Spider-Man 3 - $890.9 million
- Spider-Man: Homecoming - $880.2 million
- Spider-Man - $821.7 million
- Spider-Man 2 - $783.8 million
- The Amazing Spider-Man - $757.9 million
- The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - $709.0 million
- Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse - $375.5 million
Everyone slags on Spider-Man 3 but look at that box office total! People turned out to see Venom. Sony executives were dancing in the streets like Peter Parker over that one. Also: How is Into the Spider-Verse, clearly the best Spidey movie ever, the lowest-grossing film in the series by a margin of several hundred million dollars? That just does not compute.
Far From Home is the 40th film in history to cross $1 billion at the worldwide box office. If it keeps climbing up the all-time worldwide chart, it will soon pass The Dark Knight, The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, Zootopia, Alice in Wonderland, and The Phantom Menace in that order. While it is the first $1 billion Spider-Man film (per Deadline), this is the 9th film in the Marvel Cinematic Universe to make that amount of money.
Gallery — Every Spider-Man Movie Ranked: