Get Ready For Fun With Duluth’s ColdFront Festival In February
The Duluth Parks And Recreation Department presents ColdFront Festival celebrating the best of winter fun in the Northland. The event is happening Saturday, February 4 at Bayfront Festival Park from Noon until 6 pm with Free Parking.
Some of the activities that will be going on all day long are:
- DJ Music
- Ice Skating
- Quinzhee Building
- Snow Play Activities
- Luge Sledding
- Craft and Activity Stations
- Fires, S’mores, and Hot Chocolate
- Cross Country Ski Loop
- Fat Bike Demo
- Snowshoe Kickball
Some of the scheduled activities include:
- Tractor Ride: take a ride around the Bayfront Festival Park grounds. A safety stair is provided for loading onto the trailer which can hold up to 15 riders and the ride lasts about 10 minutes.
- Luge Sledding: special luge runs will be built at the park and sleds will be available for everyone to use.
- Fire Pits and S'mores: Stay warm and also enjoy some delicious s'mores that you make yourself.
- Youth Dog Sled Rides: The sled will be driven by the dog handler and the dog sled ride will have two to three passengers per ride. The ride goes in a loop
around the festival grounds taking 2-3 minutes per ride.
- Arts And Crafts: A tent will be set up for everyone to make some fun souvenirs.
- Ice Skating: Ice skating is available for free at Cold Front! Inside the warming house, you will find a Skate Attendant ready to issue you ice skates. To be better prepared, please know what size your shoes are when getting the skates. If you need assistance they will have skating aids available which are designed for you to push around while you skate, keeping you on your feet.
- Fire Spinners: Cold Front ends with a performance of fire spinners. The performance occurs in the dark. The crowd is asked to will watch from a safe distance.
- Cross-Country Skiing: A cross-country ski loop will be groomed around the Bayfront Festival grounds. At the cross-country ski station, there will be attendants available to help you pick equipment sizes.
- Snow Play Area: A snow play area will have an obstacle course, quinzhee, and snow sculptures. A quinzhee is a snow dome, there will be staff teaching everyone how to make the quinzhee.