Every year once the snow starts melting I get a stuffy nose and sneeze nonstop, and I finally figured it out what it might be...snow mold.

Yes, it's a thing. My wife looked at me like I was crazy when I said what I thought was causing my endless drain on the tissues in the house.

According to Scotts, "Snow mold is caused by cold-weather fungi that primarily affect cool-season grasses. Signs of a problem aren’t noticeable until the spring when the snow melts."

And the Mayo Clinic says that those who have a mold allergy may have the following symptoms:

  • Sneezing
  • Runny or stuffy nose
  • Cough and postnasal drip
  • Itchy eyes, nose, and throat
  • Watery eyes
  • Dry, scaly skin

I can say YES to most of those right now. Are you the same?

Now besides locking yourself in an airtight room, there isn't much you can do except maybe take some medications to lighten the symptoms.

Scotts gives some advice on how to spot and treat either the gray or pink snow mold that can develop on grass. They even give some advice on how to prevent next year.

What do you think? Is it snow mold that is causing myself and many others to stuffer allergy symptoms right now? If not, what do you think it is?