Hey Hunters, Please Don’t Do This During Hunting Season
Hunting season is officially here and that is a pretty big deal in Minnesota and in Wisconsin where hunting is a huge hobby and sport.
I live with an avid hunter who absolutely lives for opening weekend. I know I am not alone and that so many other people do too. I am all for it and always root for him to have good luck when he heads out the door early in the morning during opener.
I love seeing how much people love hunting and how excited they get when they do indeed have a successful opener, whether deer or grouse. Even if the luck doesn't strike right away, I personally enjoy seeing people excited about it.
However, there is one little issue I have with it and I am pretty sure it is not what you think. Before I go into more detail, please keep an open mind and know this is all in good fun and that yes, I am a weirdo.
Some people have a fear of heights or the dark but I have a fear of certain types of meat, which goes back to my biology class in the tenth grade. We had to dissect a pig and it has haunted me ever since.
(For reference, I really only have a fear of pork. A few years ago, I tried to get over my fear of hot dogs on National Hot Dog Day. I couldn't even look at it without feeling sick so I have a feeling this fear is here to stay for awhile. Ha!)
Anyway, I was brought back to the pig dissection one moment a few years ago when I started dating my boyfriend and I went to his apartment. When I opened his fridge, there was a deer butt sitting right there.
He hadn't gotten around to fully processing it and there were other parts in the fridge as well. It wasn't hidden. It was just out in the open. I was taken aback and a little grossed out. My boyfriend thought it was funny and still does.
I am all for hunting and wish you all the best of luck. However, please process your deer and put it away accordingly. Don't just leave it out in the open for people who get the heebie jeebies from it like me!
Be careful when you are hunting as well. Recently, a stray round was fired and went through a Minnesota home. Thankfully, nobody was hurt. A Wisconsin bow hunter was also bitten on the back - by a bear! The hunter was in his deer stand when he felt a sharp pain in his back. Be careful out there.