Minnesota DFL Party Announces 2020 Virtual State Convention Lineup
Not like we all don't have enough going on, but oh yeah, it's a Presidental election year and today the Minnesota DFL announced their lineup for their virtual convention.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Minnesota Democratic-Farmer-Labor Party convention will be held on Facebook and YouTube this year with a variety of speakers that will headline the two-day virtual event.
The highlight of speakers includes Vide President Joe Biden, Governor Tim Walz, and U.S. Senator Amy Klobuchar, all are scheduled to speak after 3 PM on Sunday, May 31st.
In a press release, DFL Party Chairman Ken Martin said, "“I could not be more excited to gather virtually with DFL Party leaders and grassroots activists from around Minnesota to organize for the upcoming elections and hear from our endorsed candidates and elected officials."
Here is the lineup of virtual activities happening this weekend:
Saturday, May 30th:
• 10:00 AM - Training: Getting Involved with the Minnesota DFL Party
• 11:00 AM - Panel: Organizing in Rural Communities
• 1:00 PM - Training: Virtual Phone Banking
• 2:00 PM - Panel: What Can DFLers Accomplish with a Majority?
• 3:00 PM - Training: Social Media, Letters to the Editor, and Research
• 4:00 PM - Training: Relational Organizing with the Team App
Sunday, May 31st:
• 10:00 AM - DFL Party Community Caucus Open Houses Begins
• 11:00 AM - Training: Relational Organizing with the Team App
• 1:00 PM - Panel: Voter Protection & Safety in the Age of COVID-19
• 2:00 PM - Panel: Gun Violence Prevention
• 3:00 PM - Speaking Program Begins