Nickelodeon Universe Set To Reopen With New Guidelines
Good news for those itching to hop on a ride or a rollercoaster: Nickelodeon Universe has announced their reopening plan.
The popular amusement park, located inside Mall of America, announced the big news on their website, stating that they will be opening again on Monday, August 10th. Of course, there will be new guidelines and policies to follow amid COVID-19 coronavirus.
Here's how things will look a bit different when they reopen:
- Guest capacity will be capped at 250 people at any given time.
- Tickets will be given out on a first-come, first-serve basis each day.
- You can only purchase tickets on site. This can be done at the North Entrance of Nickelodeon Universe.
- There will be floor markings reminding everyone to social distance.
- There will be increased cleaning measures.
- Masks are required, with the exception of kids under two years old and special medical conditions prohibiting them from wearing one.
The park will be open every day of the week with hours of 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. each day. For now, only a handful of rides will be open, including the popular Ghost Busters ride, Brain Surge and the Fairly Odd Coaster, among others.
Nickelodeon Universe, along with the Mall Of America, closed down mid-March as concerns over COVID-19 started growing. While the Mall of America was able to reopen in early June, Nickelodeon Universe remained closed, with no word on reopening. I am glad they found a way to safely open again.
To keep up with all things relating to COVID-19 coronavirus in the Twin Ports, click here.