Recall Issued For Wilton Brand Sprinkles
A popular baking product brand has issued a voluntary recall on certain varieties of their sprinkles. Wilton Brands is recalling six specific sprinkles products and one kit that include those sprinkles - due to an undeclared milk ingredient. The sprinkles are sold under the Wilton, Holiday Home, and Tasty band names. That milk ingredient could prove a problem for those who have a milk allergy or sensitivity to milk with an allergic reaction as the outcome.
According to the United States Food and Drug Administration, the voluntary recall was initiated following one reported allergic reaction to the associated sprinkles products. To be careful, Wilton is recalling all affected products that have a similar formulation.
Here are the specific details about the recalled products:
- Wilton "Tasty Coffee Shop Cookie Kit" Item # 1900-0-0054
- Holiday Home Assorted Treat Toppings Item # 710-0-0207
- Wilton Valentine Chip Crunch Sprinkles Item # 710-4277
- Wilton Rainbow Chip Crunch Sprinkles Item # 710-5364
- Wilton Holiday Mix Sprinkles Item # 710-7649
- Wilton Rainbow Chip Crunch Sprinkles Item # 710-9704
- Wilton Assorted Treat Toppings Sprinkles Item # 710-9722
Consumers who have the recalled sprinkles in their possession are directed not to consume them. The food product should be immediately disposed of. Or, consumers can return them to the place of purchase for a complete and full refund.
At the present time, these products have been removed from the shelves at retailers and distributors nationwide. Additional information and a complete list of retailers that carried this product can be found on the Wilton website; click here to see that list.
Additional questions can be directed at the Wilton Consumer Care Hotline: 1-800-794-5866.