Duluth Police Department Issues Traffic Advisory For Spirit Valley Days Parade
Summer is flying by and the beginning of August always means a West Duluth tradition! Spirit Valley Days kicks off on Thursday (August 4th) and it will be the start of an amazing weekend.
Spirit Valley Days is an annual tradition and this year is no different. The weekend-long event is jam-packed with activities like a parade, dance lessons, food and drinks, live music and more.
The fun continues through the weekend, ending on Saturday night. Other activities you can attend over the course of the weekend include a pancake breakfast, document shredding, a fish fry and live music.
This is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the fun things you can do at Spirit Valley Days when it kicks off on Thursday. With the fun comes a few things to note if you are attending or if you are driving in the area.
The Duluth Police Department issued a traffic advisory on their Facebook page Wednesday (August 3rd). The big parade always takes place on the first day of the event and will impact your travel plans if you are in the area.
Beginning at 4:30 a.m. on Thursday, 59th Avenue West between Raleigh Street and Grand Avenue will be closed so that the parade can line up. One hour later, the parade route will close. Roads will not reopen until after the parade around 7:30 p.m.
Along with the traffic advisory, the Duluth Police Department also made a few other notes which may be helpful if you are interested in attending or being a part of the parade:
- If you are planning to be in the parade, line up begins at 59th Avenue West and Raleigh Street.
- All exits onto Grand Avenue between 59th Avenue West and Central Avenue will also be closed during the parade.
- Parking will not be allowed on Grand Avenue anywhere along the parade route, along with any other roads that the parade will be looping through. There will be signage to let you know you can't park there. If you violate this rule, your car will be towed.
- There will also be a change to the DTA schedule, allowing for detours for traffic.
- Be on the lookout for officers directing traffic and slow down.
If you are curious about a certain road or have a question regarding traffic in the area, you can read the advisory in full and prepare accordingly. Spirit Valley Days is always a blast! We will see you there.