The Most Popular Halloween Candy in Each State
The beauty of being an adult is that you can buy candy whenever you want and as much as you want, but for kids they look forward to making a haul on Halloween donning their costumes and going door to door Trick or Treating. Don't be the house that hands out penny's or fruit snacks I have got the intel on the most popular choices throughout the country state by state.
For over 11 years The Candy Store has been delivering bulk candy around the country so I would feel it is safe to say that they have some expert knowledge on what is popular and what is not. As you can see from the map above apparently Tootsie Pops are the winner for Minnesota and Butterfingers for Wisconsin. My favorite Candy Corn reigns supreme in Iowa while Kit Kats are top dog in Illinois.
Here are some quick candy facts from The Candy Store:
- 179 million Americans celebrate Halloween
- Among those who celebrate Halloween, 95% will purchase candy
- The average amount spent on candy is $27, if they don't eat any of it before Halloween.
- In Oregon, full-sized candy bars are the norm for trick-or-treaters to receive, lucky kids in that state
- Over 50% of parents stash some Halloween candy to enjoy later in the year, I would think it is higher than that?
I loved Halloween as a kid and still do to this day, at least now when I go buy candy for Trick or Treaters I know that I won't have to worry about my older brothers stealing all my candy from me. :)