Volunteers Needed Thanksgiving Week For Duluth’s Gobble Gallop
The Gobble Gallop is a fun Thanksgiving tradition in downtown Duluth that involves thousands of runners participating in the 5K, a 1 mile race and a kids event.
As it is with all events of this caliber, it takes many volunteers to make the event a success. With Thanksgiving fast approaching, organizers need more volunteers for only November 24, but for the days leading up the event.
Volunteers can register now online to sign up for a day and time that best works with their schedule:
- Tuesday, November 22nd - Packet Prep (2:00-5:00pm)
- Tuesday, November 22nd - Packet Prep (5:00-8:00pm)
- Wednesday, November 23rd - Packet Pick Up (11:30pm-3:00pm)
- Wednesday, November 23rd - Packet Pick Up (3:00-7:00p)
- Thursday, November 24th - Race Day Set Up (6:30am-8:30am)
- Thursday, November 24th - Race Day (8:30am-11:00am)
- Thursday, November 24th - Race Day Teardown (11:00am-12:30pm)
Participants can pick up their race packets at Duluth Running Co., located at 1026 E Superior Street in Duluth. Race packets will be available on Wednesday, November 23rd from 12:00pm to 8:00pm, and Thursday, November 24th from 7:00am to 8:45am.
Here is the schedule of events on Thanksgiving morning:
- 9:00am-Start of the Gobble Giddy-Up Kid’s 1/4 Mile
- 9:10am-Start of the Tough Turkey 1 Mile
- 9:30am-Start of the Gobble Gallop 5K
- 10:30am-Awards Ceremony
If you'd like to volunteer prior to the event so that you can participate in one of the races, online registration is still open. If you do participate, be sure to dress your festive best! Turkey hats and things of that nature are highly encouraged.