Where to Watch the 35th Annual John Beargrease Sled Dog Marathon
The 35th Annual John Beargrease Sled Dog Marathon will run Sunday, Jan. 27 – Tuesday, Jan. 29, 2019. It is scheduled to start at Billy’s Bar at 3502 Tischer Road in Duluth and end at Grand Portage Lodge and Casino at 70 Casino Drive in Grand Portage, Minnesota.
Linda Jurek, executive director for Visit Cook County said “We are excited to host many checkpoints and the big finishes for the Beargrease running through Cook County this year. Our part of the region has experienced record snowfall this season, making the conditions prime for the Beargrease and many other outdoor winter activities here.”
If you are interested in watching the race in Cook County the following are great locations:
- Sawbill Trail (Marathon checkpoint) approximately five miles up the Sawbill Trail in Tofte, Minn.
- Lutsen (Beargrease 120 Finish) 466 Ski Hill Road, Lutsen, Minn. 55604
- Grand Portage Lodge and Casino (Marathon Finish) 100 Blazes Road, Grand Portage, Minn. 55605
- Trail Center Lodge, 7611 Gunflint Trail, Grand Marais, Minn. 55604
- Skyport Lodge, 205 Fireweed Lane, Grand Marais, Minn. 55064