Douglas County Has Opened Cooling Centers To Beat The Heat
It's the hottest week of the summer so far and Douglas County in Wisconsin has opened up cooling centers to keep citizens out of the heat.
Listed below are several cooling locations throughout Douglas County that will be open for the rest of today and tomorrow:
- Douglas County Government Center, Room 270 (1316 N. 14th St. Superior, WI 54880) from 8am - 4:40pm.
- Superior Douglas County Senior Citizen Center (1527 Tower Ave. Superior, WI 54880) from 8am - 4:30pm
- Superior Public Library (1530 Tower Avenue, Superior, WI 54880) from 9am - 8:30 on Thursday July 21st and 9am-5pm on Friday July 22nd.
- Mariner Mall (69 North 28th Street, Superior, WI 54880) from 9am - 9pm
- YMCA (9 N 21st Street, Superior, WI 54880) from 5:30am - 9pm with free public admission to pool from 2-4:30pm on Thursday July 21st and Friday, July 22nd from 5:30am - 9pm
Additional cooling centers are located at Amsoil Arena and the YMCA in Duluth, the Lake Nebagamon Village Auditorium, and the Solon Springs Community Center. Stay safe out there and hopefully all the power gets fully restored soon.