EXPERIENCE/SKILLS: As part of an on-going recruitment campaign for our sales team, Townsquare Media – Duluth is looking for a Multi-Media Specialist who will concentrate on selling advertisement for KBMX, KKCB, KLDJ and WEBC. The right candidate has the ability and desire to make a lot of calls to businesses, develop relationships and sell radio and internet advertising.
Candidates must demonstrate dependability, passion, strong verbal and written communication skills and problem-solving skills. Business acumen, open-mindedness and a sense of what it takes to win are essential. Must have high school diploma or equivalent; college degree is beneficial.
JOB SUMMARY: A Townsquare Media Multi-Media Specialist is the primary contact for new prospective clients. You will develop business relationships and prospect, market, sell and service advertising air time.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prospect, market, sell and service advertising air time, digital products and event sponsorship.
- Negotiate business based on industry ratings in order to maximize station revenue and share within parameters set by station management.
- Achieve revenue and share goals set by Sales Manager.
- Develop new advertisers by soliciting area businesses.
- Service clients to maintain positive working relationships.
- Prepare sales orders and production requests in timely manner.
- Resolve billing discrepancies and assist in collections of past due accounts.
- Provide regular reports to Sales Manager regarding prospective sales orders, daily call sheets, itineraries, new prospect lists, forecasts, and competition analysis.
- Monitor competitive media to continually prospect for new account leads.
- Follow station/company practices/policies for processing, invoicing, calculation of sales.
- Adhere to minimum standards of performance as established by Sales Manager.
- Develop account list from various sources.
- Conceive and execute written proposals.
- Additional responsibilities as outlined by sales manager.
Interested applicants should contact:
Townsquare Media – Duluth
Attention: Derek J. Falter
14 E. Central Entrance
Duluth, MN 55811