September 23, 2014
Key Account Manager KAM – Townsquare Media Duluth, MN
We seek a Key Account Manager for KOOL101.7, B105, MIX 108 and ESPN Radio 560 WEBC who is an experienced, intelligent and ambitiously interactive advertising sales professional to join a highly dynamic media and entertainment environment across radio, digital, event and interactive platforms.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Key Account Manager (KAM) works with local and regional advertising agencies to increase revenues and market share selling all Townsquare Media’s assets.
Highly specialized member of the local sales team with a specific focus on local agency revenue.
- KAM must be detail oriented, proactive and a leader.
- Develops deep relationships with local advertising agencies beyond the buyer level .
- Has a professional relationship with each of the local clients that local agencies represent.
- Knows how to price, package and position for maximum share.
- Tracks local market data including station avails, pricing, local assets, sponsorship opportunities etc.
- Local point-of-contact for import business from another Townsquare market.,
- Has excellent working knowledge of all of Townsquare’s assets and how to use them for the benefit of the client. Focuses selling digital and event in addition to radio, and utilizes the DSM and LEM to tell the Townsquare story to the agency, and to help close cross-platform business.
- Seeks out, calls on and secures business from digital agencies in addition to traditional agencies, and calls on the digital buyer at traditional agencies.
- Is welcomed by the agencies as a trusted resource and partner, not just another media vendor.
- BA/BS in Business, Marketing or Communications recommended or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous radio/media sales experience desired.
- Must have basic knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Position requires excellent organizational/time management skills.
- Must be self-motivated, self-disciplined, have a positive attitude and be an effective communicator.
- Requires valid driver’s license, vehicle insurance and dependable transportation.
E-mail resume to: email@example.com
Or, mail to: Derek Falter, Director of Sales
14 East Central Entrance
Duluth, MN 55811
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
TOWNSQUARE MEDIA BROADCASTING, LLC MAINTAINS A DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE AND IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. APPLICANTS MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE U.S.
- Prospect, market, sell and service advertising air time, digital products and event sponsorship.
- Negotiate business based on industry ratings in order to maximize station revenue and share within parameters set by station management.
- Achieve revenue and share goals set by Sales Manager.
- Develop new advertisers by soliciting area businesses.
- Service clients to maintain positive working relationships.
- Prepare sales orders and production requests in timely manner.
- Resolve billing discrepancies and assist in collections of past due accounts.
- Provide regular reports to Sales Manager regarding prospective sales orders, daily call sheets, itineraries, new prospect lists, forecasts, and competition analysis.
- Monitor competitive media to continually prospect for new account leads.
- Follow station/company practices/policies for processing, invoicing, calculation of sales.
- Adhere to minimum standards of performance as established by Sales Manager.
- Develop account list from various sources.
- Conceive and execute written proposals.
- Additional responsibilities as outlined by sales manager.
- Interested applicants should contact: