Two Minnesota Towns to Appear on New Monopoly Game Board
Following an online vote to rename properties on the latest edition of the Monopoly board game franchise, two Minnesota towns found their way onto the list of new names for the new "Here and Now" edition of the game.
Hasbro announced they will be releasing two new editions of the classic game, a "Here and Now" US Edition and a World Edition. Fans voted for cities to play the role of various properties on the board, and Minneapolis and Waconia each found spots on the board.
Minneapolis will be one of the dark blue spaces, acting as the "Park Place" of the new board. Waconia is one of the brown spaces, taking the place of "Baltic Avenue" from the traditional board.
Here's the full list of cities and where they will be on the board for both versions of the new game:
MONOPOLY HERE & NOW: U.S. Edition
- Dark Blue: Pierre, SD; Minneapolis, MN
- Green: New York, NY; Virginia Beach, VA; Los Angeles, CA
- Yellow: Chicago, IL; Indianapolis, IN; Charleston, SC
- Red: Detroit, MI; Boston, MA; Milwaukee, WI
- Orange: Cleveland, OH; Asheville, NC; Denver, CO
- Magenta: Atlanta, GA; Little Rock, AR; Seattle, WA
- Light Blue: Portsmouth, NH; Charlotte, NC; Dallas, TX
- Brown: Waconia, MN; Chesapeake, VA
MONOPOLY HERE & NOW: World Edition
- Dark Blue: Lima, Peru; Hong Kong, China
- Green: Riga, Latvia; Lisbon, Portugal; Istanbul, Turkey
- Yellow: Warsaw, Poland; Mexico City, Mexico; Santiago, Chile
- Red: Belfast, Ireland; Athens, Greece; Belgrade, Serbia
- Orange: London, England; Moscow, Russia; Tokyo, Japan
- Magenta: New York, NY, U.S.A; Amsterdam, Netherlands; Sydney, Australia
- Light Blue: Queenstown, New Zealand; Cape Town, South Africa; Taipei, Taiwan
- Brown: Giethoorn, Netherlands; Madrid, Spain