See Where Duluth High Schools Rank In Best High Schools In Minnesota
The annual rankings of the best high schools were released and I was curious to see where Denfeld, East High School, and Harbor City ranked in Minnesota.
If you're wondering how the list works, U.S. News and World Report reviewed over 28,000 public high schools on how well they serve their students, student outcomes, graduation rates and proficiency testing.
No Minnesota schools broke the top 100, but they did release Minnesota high school rankings as well. Harbor City International Charter School comes in at number 34 in the state and 1,611 nationally. Harbor City gets a 33.7 out of 100 for college readiness. East High School comes in at 54 in the state and 2,523 nationally. East gets a 21.9 out of 100 for college readiness. Denfeld High School on the other hand comes in as unranked in both the state and nationally. Denfeld got a 14.0 out of 100 for college readiness.
I also wanted to check out how other High Schools in the area ranked. Carlton, Hermantown, Proctor, Two Harbors, and Wrenshall are all unranked. Cloquet on the other hand is unranked too, but gets a bronze medal in national rankings.
In case you're curious, here's the top 10 in Minnesota:
- Math and Science Academy in Woodbury (203 nationally)
- Orno Senior High (249 nationally)
- Mahtomedi Senior High (286 nationally)
- Edina Senior High (313 nationally)
- Mankato West Senior High (449 nationally)
- Mounds View Senior High in Arden Hills (460 nationally)
- Minnetonka Senior High (477 nationally)
- Eastview Senior High in Apple Valley (521 nationally)
- Irondale Senior High in New Brighton (538 nationally)
- Eagan Senior High (597 nationally)