Several Duluth Huskies Drafted in MLB Draft
Major League Baseball held its 2018 draft this week and 10 Duluth Huskies got picked.
The Huskies play in the Northwoods League which had 163 players and alumni selected in this year’s draft.
The highest drafted player for the Huskies was Terrin Vavra, the shortstop was selected 96th overall by the Colorado Rockies. Other players selected were:
- OF Cal Stevenson picked 296 by Toronto
- 1B Dillon Paulson picked 404 by L.A.
- LF Daniel Amaral picked 414 by Pittsburgh
- RHP Christian Cosby picked 422 by Kansas City
- C Dean Nevarez picked 568 by Seattle
- LHP Stephen Yancey picked 600 by Tampa Bay
- RHP Ryan Tapani picked 641 by Washington
- LHP Logan Browning picked 730 by Boston
- SS Liam Sabino picked 1053 by St. Louis
You can see the Huskies in action at Wade Stadium through August. They also have a handful of fun promotions coming up including Robotics Night and Bark at The Park, a fun night where the dogs are invited to the park.