Superior Library Begins 6 Month Remodel Next Week
The Superior Library will begin an extensive remodel project on Monday.
The library has been at its current location for 25 years and has not done any major improvements in that time, that is all about to change with the 6-month, $2.1 million project.
The library will try to stay open as much as possible but will have to close for 2-3 weeks in April when the new carpet is installed.
Starting November 13th, some of their older fiction books will be temporarily unavailable for checkout, new fiction books, large print, and paperbacks will not be affected.
- A more open floor plan with lower shelving and access to natural light
- A variety of seating styles and reading areas
- Additional meeting and study rooms
- Expanded youth areas for toddler/preschool, school-age, and teens
- improved security and sight lines throughout the building
- New computer lab
- New local history research area
- New centrally located entrance
- Upgraded mechanical equipment
- Updated carpeting and furniture