Wisconsin Offers Free Weekend of Camping, Fishing, ATV Riding, and Fun This Weekend
The annual tradition continues! The Wisconsin DNR has will give residents and visitors the opportunity to enjoy many outdoor activities without having to pay any fees or licenses this weekend (June 6-7, 2015).
The "fee holiday" gives everyone the chance to explore many of Wisconsin's awesome outdoor activities, such as fishing, visiting state parks, or riding on ATV trails. If you're looking to take advantage of the free weekend and need some ideas planning, hit the button below to take advantage of the Wisconsin DNR's planning website.
Fishing Wisconsin lakes and streams
- Residents and non-residents can enjoy a free weekend of fishing, without the need for a license. This includes inland trout, Great Lakes trout, and salmon fishing.
- Free fishing equipment is being offered for loan at many state parks around Wisconsin for those without equipment of their own.
- Fishing rules such as limits, size and species of fish that you can keep do still apply during free fishing weekend.
Use of DNR Trails
- All state trail fees on DNR-owned properties are waived, and many cooperatively-run state trails will also waive fees.
Entry to State Parks and Forests
- Vehicle admission stickers for state parks will be waived for the weekend, allowing free admission to enjoy hiking, sightseeing, and more.
ATV/UTV riding and trail use
- Owners of ATV/UTVs can ride for free. Residents do not need to have machines registered to ride this weekend and non-residents do not need to have a trail pass to ride for the weekend.
- All safety rules and laws still apply.