AMSOIL Arena Unveils 7 New Food Items
I got a chance to visit AMSOIL Arena today and sample the foods that will be available for upcoming men's Bulldogs hockey games and other events.
The new foods that were unveiled today were:
- Fish Tacos - Beer-battered cod with red and green cabbage, tomatoes, and avocado poblano sauce. Served with an accouterment of chips and salsa.
- Hand-Dipped Corn Dog - All beef hotdog hand-dipped in cornmeal batter, paired with a creamy raspberry Minnestalgia® pepper jam.
- Wild Rice Burger - Local wild rice patty produced in Bovey, MN, topped roasted red peppers, spinach, and melted fontina cheese.
- White Cheddar Mac and Cheese with Candied Bacon
- Buffalo Chicken Pizza - Buffalo chicken, mozzarella and blue cheese crumble blend, celery slices, and drizzled with ranch dressing.
- Philly Cheesesteak - New York roast, onions, green peppers, and two types of Swiss cheese served on a hoagie bun.
- Ice Cream Floats -Vanilla Cedar Crest ice cream in your option of root beer or orange soda.
It's hard to pick a favorite here because everything was delicious..but, I would say the corndog was amazing, tasted just like you would get fresh at the MN State Fair, the Cheesesteak was also top-notch with the fresh meat and the swiss.
And if you like Buffalo Chicken Pizza, you'll need to try AMSOIL's version of it, one of the best Buffalo Chicken Pizzas I've ever had.
All the new food will be available at AMSOIL starting on October 5th when the UMD men's hockey team plays Alberta. Some selections will also be available at women's hockey games and at other events.
They are also moving away from tap beer, all beer will be served in 16oz cans, making the serving time faster and allowing for more beer options.