Best Buy Launching New Membership Program in Minnesota
Minnesota based Best Buy is launching a new membership program they are calling Best Buy Beta. But are the benefits worth it?
Best Buy Beta is currently being tested in Iowa, Oklahoma and eastern Pennsylvania, and starting this month, Best Buy Beta will expand to Minnesota, North Carolina and Tennessee. Once rolled out to all these states, the program will be in 60 stores across the country.
Best Buy Beta will cost $199.99 per year, or $179.99 per year for Best Buy credit card holders, and here is what you'll get for that money:
- Dedicated and exclusive concierge support
- Unlimited Geek Squad technical support on all technology in your home (whether purchased at Best Buy or not)
- Fast and free shipping with no minimums
- Exclusive member pricing on a wide range of products
- Free in-home standard delivery and installation on most products
- Two-year protection on most purchases at Best Buy, including AppleCare on Apple products
- 60-day extended return window
- 10% off subscription services billed through Best Buy
Best Buy currently offers their Total Tech Support program for $199.99, and that will remain in place in stores that do not offer the Best Buy Beta program. Total Tech Support offers unlimited tech support, 20% off repairs and some other benefits. Best Buy Beta is just adding more benefits to the Total Tech Support program for the same price.
I'm not sure how I feel about this membership, it isn't something I would ever use or feel that I could benefit from, especially compared to something like Amazon Prime. But for people who use tech support a lot, or are maybe buying some appliances throughout a year, this might be a worthwhile membership.