Downtown Duluth Announces Free Parking Options + Road Closures For Christmas City Of The North Parade
The Christmas City of the North Parade takes place Friday, November 18 and Downtown Duluth has announced free parking options, as well as parade-related road closures.
The Christmas City of the North Parade, which travels through downtown Duluth, starts at 6:30 p.m. in front of Fitger’s, loacated at 6th Ave E and Superior Street, and then continues along Superior Street to 4th Ave W.
Downtown Duluth promises parade participants and spectators will again find plenty of free parking in Duluth’s Downtown for the 2022 event.
They expect thousands of people to be downtown once again for the Christmas City of the North Parade and free parade parking is being offered after 5:00pm at the following ramps/lots:
- Fourth Avenue Auto Park—402 W. Michigan Street
- Duluth Transportation Center—228 W. Michigan Street
- Civic Center Ramp—410 W. First Street
- Tech Village Ramp—10 E. First Street
- HART Ramp—122 E. Superior Street
- Medical District Ramp—302 E. First Street
- Fitger’s---600 E. Superior Street
- Phoenix Parking Lot---98 N. 4th Ave West
- St. Luke's Hospital Ramp—1010 E. First Street
- St. Luke’s Employee Parking Lot—119 N. 12th Ave East
Please note that entrance to the Michigan Street ramps will be limited after 6:15 p.m., but vehicles will be able to exit them throughout the parade. Also, Downtown parking meters will be free after 5:30 p.m., but there is no parking along the parade route on Superior Street.
The Christmas City of the North Parade will also force a series of road closures throughout the area, which include:
- At 4:00 p.m., London Road will close to traffic from 10th to 14th Avenues E for the parade line-up. Sections of 12th and 13th Avenues E and the 1300 block of Jefferson Street will also close for the parade line-up.
- Superior Street from 8th Ave E to 12th Ave E will close to traffic at 5:30 p.m., and Superior Street from 8th Ave E to 5th Ave W will close to traffic at 5:45 p.m.
- Michigan Street will close at 6:15 p.m. to all traffic, except for buses and local residents. Vehicles exiting Michigan St lots and ramps during the closures will be directed to exit the area by driving south to the 5th Ave W Off-Ramp.
- Due to construction this year, vehicles will not be allowed to enter the Fitger’s Ramp and Pickwick parking lots after Superior St closes at 5:45 p.m. Vehicles will be allowed to exit these lots until 6:30 p.m. After 6:30 p.m., vehicles parked in the Fitger’s Ramp and Pickwick lots will not be allowed to exit until the parade ends.
Downtown Duluth expects traffic to return to normal by approximately 8:30 p.m. If you need to travel near area Friday night, please keep in mind that there will not only be addition traffic, but there will be a lot pedestrians to look for as well.