Easy Halloween Themed Guacamole Dip Recipe
Looking for a fun easy recipe for your upcoming Halloween party? Look no further, this guacamole dip is delicious and always a hit.
Everyone has some kind of tradition this time of year. For my family, we all get together and have a Halloween party where we all bring spooky themed foods and of course watch scary movies! My contribution this year:
'The Pumpkin That Partied Too Hard Guacamole Dip'
- 3 avocados
- 1 lime, or lime juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 onion (diced)
- 1/2 jalapeno (diced)
- 2 tomatoes (diced)
- 1 Tbsp cilantro (chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 carved pumpkin (small)
- 1 bag of tortilla chips
- Scoop out the avocados and place them in a large bowl and cover them with the lime juice, salt, cayenne pepper and start mashing with a potato masher.
- After it's mashed, throw in the tomatoes, jalapenos, onions, cilantro, garlic, a Tbsp of lime juice and stir until mixed and let sit.
- Carve out the pumpkin, take out all the guts and make a fun face. Make sure the mouth hole is fairly big.
- Place the guac dip in the pumpkin and make it look like the pumpkin had too much fun and is throwing up. Add chips around the dip, serve and enjoy.
Now that you've seen my food idea, why don't I also share some movie recommendations:
Halloween 3: Season Of The Witch (1982) - An absolute classic and a movie living in the shadows of the franchise. This wonderfully underrated movie takes place as doctors uncover a terrible plot of a local mask maker who tries to do an ancient ritual to take out children.
Session 9 (2001) - More on the suspense and mystery side of things. The movie follows a group of asbestos workers who begin cleaning out an abandoned insane asylum. The group begin to get picked off one by one.
Dale & Tucker Vs. Evil (2011) - Just for fun, I threw in a comedy horror movie. Two pals try to take a vacation, but run into a group of college kids who mistake the pair to be murderous hillbillies. Honestly, just a fun and bloody time.