Five Fun Things to Do For Halloween In the Twin Ports
Halloween is still one of my favorite holidays even as an adult, and one of the few times where you can act like a kid and hardly anyone bats an eye. Lucky for us their are a ton of cool Halloween events to do with kids.
- Engwalls Corn Maze: This maze has become pretty famous over the years, and is a yearly tradition for many families. It opens on Saturday September 17th and goes until October 30th. This is truly fun for the whole entire family with Maze Games, Hay rides, pumpkin bowling and many more activities. Website
- William A. Irvin Haunted Ship: The famous Haunted Ship Tours that attract people from all over the upper midwest. Tours start on October 6th and run through October 31st. All the rumors you have heard about this vessel being haunted are true, come see for yourself. Children under 12 need to be accompanied by an adult. Not for young children. Website
- Boo at the Zoo: This event has gotten so big that they have to spread it our over 2 Saturdays October 15th and 22nd. This is a super fun way for the kids to show off their costumes, go Trick or Treating and get to visit the animals at the zoo. Website
- The Haunted Shack: Open October 14th-29th.This attraction started many years ago as a community Haunted House in the basement of a Fire Hall in Gary New Duluth. Now many years later they have grown so much that it is held at The Buffalo House. The Haunted Shack still operates to raise money for several charities including Special Olympics of Minnesota, and also offers a Hay Ride. Also, on Oct 29th the Haunted Shack is set up for a not so scary tour for little kids. Website
- North Shore Scenic Railroad: The train is always a great family friendly activity and for a few days in October 20th-23rd the kids can enjoy the "Pumpkin Train" . They hop on the train at The Depot and head out to the pumpkin patch then back to the Depot for tons of fun activities. Website