I-35 Lane Closures Near Carlton – June 29-July 2
The Minnesota Department of Transportation is alerting drivers to a series of lane closures along I-35 near Highway 210 in Carlton. The work will occur from June 29 until July 2.
According to information released by MNDOT, drivers can expect to see a closure in the northbound I-35 left lane from Highway 210 to approximately one mile north of Highway 210. The lane is expected to re-open by Noon on Thursday, July 2 and both lanes of I-35 will be open for the July 4 travel holiday.
For more information about rest stops, projects, and more - click here to get information from their website.
For the time being - as the COVID-19 Pandemic response is in place, MNDOT is working hard to adhere to Governor Tim Walz's Stay at Home executive order. Road work has been identified as a Critical Service by the state and will continue on.
Here are some important reminders from MNDOT about safety in regards to this specific project as well as any of the projects you might encounter this summer:
- Slow down when approaching a work zone
- Use caution when navigating through the marked-off work area
- Stay alert - work zones constantly change
- Watch for workers and slow moving equipment
- Obey the posted speed limits. Fine for a violation in a work zone is $300
- Minimize distractions behind the wheel
- Be patient
- Expect delays - especially during peak travel times
For more information about this specific project or any of the scheduled road work across the state, click here to visit the Minnesota Department of Transportation's online project page.